Wednesday, July 13, 2016

While We Wait For Volume 2: The Jackal

If you read my last blog, you'll know that I've decided to start a Wattpad account (the website where teens rule and I feel like the old guy crashing the party...but still, I'm not a creeper I swear). There's something called the Wattys where I write stories and if people like it, it gets votes and it could possibly get some awards. Since that website is entirely free, I've decided to post the work I write there onto my blog as well.

Since I've written a Young Adult story with It Runs at Night, I decided to post up a story that I've written for an adult audience (it hasn't been edited, so please forgive all the mistakes). I'm really bad with titles (It Runs at Night was a title that was years in the making, and I still feel it could use some improvement, but that's what I ended up with) so I simply titled this one with the main character of the story, Dr. Collin Murphy. So what's it about? Well, here's my blurb for it:

It was the moment Dr. Collin Murphy saw Beatrice kissing another man that caused the memories of their entire relationship fly through his mind like bullets full of mementos, destroying every layer of skin they hit. Rushing to confront her, he gets hit by a car and misses his opportunity. Recovering from the accident with minor injuries and his old college friend by his side, Collin's search for answers leads to a side of him that he's never felt before. Will this new Collin get answers to his questions or will it lead him to a world of regrets?

Since we can create covers and put them on Wattpad for our followers, I created my own cover for this book and it is absolutely horrendous. But it'll have to do since I can't afford to pay someone for a cover of a story I may or may not decide to formally publish. Please accept my sincere apologies. I'll be posting up a chapter at a time, so stay tuned for it. I hope you enjoy it while we wait for Volume 2. 



As always, click the link below if you're interested in picking up a copy of It Runs at Night Volume 1 The Water Boils.


No comments:

Post a Comment