Friday, September 6, 2013

It's been too long...

Sadly, my last post was in February of this year. I had big plans for this blog, but it hasn't been going accordingly. Not that I haven't been writing. No, far from that. I've been too busy writing for different projects that I haven't been able to write any short stories to post up. A few things I'm working on at the moment: A story that was supposed to be a novel, but has quickly turned into a saga (400+ pages and counting), freelance writing for magazines and websites, a series of short stories that all revolve around the terrors of having a Facebook page that's not so private, and recently revisiting a sitcom with a few friends that I began writing in 2008 but soon gave up when I realized I can't write comedy! Well, I think I can, but not without some help.

But here I am again, in the constant grind to perfect the craft, and write some kick ass material that will get published. What better way to do that, than to show my work to fellow writers and friends on my blog?


Alas, I'm back to where I was in February. Dozens of ideas floating in my mind that I MUST share with you. I changed the name of this blog because I'm using this central location to post up my short stories as opposed to creating new blogs for each one (Extra Innings for example has an entirely different URL). I've written a lot of material that I'll be posting up, but a recent flash fiction contest is what sparked motivation in me to publish some short stories on this blog again.
The way the contest works is this: write a short story based on a random genre/location/subject working with a random photo provided by the judges. You have 2 days to do it and it has to be less than 1000 words. Pretty cool. I asked my girlfriend to help me with this and she chose all the categoires above and a weird killer clown photo she found online. So I wrote it and was a bit proud of the final product.

Now, I'm thinking of using this blog to do just that. Have random people select genre/location/subject along with a picture and write something about it. It should be fun and it will help me practice for the contest that starts later this month.

Thanks for reading, I'll be posting up short stories soon. Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment